Discover cultural treasures, see ancient fossils, explore interactive exhibits, experience awe-inspiring films and get an up-close look at the world’s largest dinosaurs at Fernbank Museum of Natural History.
A prehistoric battle of gigantic proportions unfolds in the permanent exhibition, Giants of the Mesozoic, filling the Museum’s Great Hall. This exhibition recreates life in the badlands of Patagonia, Argentina, where the world’s largest meat-eater, the 47-foot-long Giganotosaurus, prepares to make a meal out of the largest dinosaur ever discovered, the 123-foot-long, plant-eating Argentinosaurus.
All of the fossils on display in Giants of the Mesozoic are cast replicas of the original specimens. The fossilized bones remain in Argentina, where they are considered a national treasure.
Rotating exhibitions give visitors the opportunity to learn about their world in a unique mix of displays and interactive exhibits. Films are brought to new heights on the five-story-high IMAX® screen. Visit remote lands and penetrate the mysteries of life, science and nature as you experience the magic of IMAX®. Fernbank also hosts a series of Family Fun Days and other family-friendly programming throughout the year.
Fernbank Museum of Natural History is filled with wonder, nature and science for visitors to explore.
Fernbank Museum isn’t just another museum – It’s a journey to another time and place.
HOURS AND PRICES
Fernbank Museum of Natural History is open from Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on Sundays from Noon to 5 p.m.
Entrance to special exhibitions is included with purchase of a Museum ticket. Members enjoy FREE Museum admission and discounted IMAX® tickets.
- Adults: $18
- Students with ID and Seniors (ages 62+): $17
- Children ages 3 to 12: $16
- Children ages 2 and younger: Free
- Fernbank Museum Members: Free
- Adults: $13
- Students with ID and Seniors (ages 62+): $12
- Children ages 3 to 12: $11
- Children ages 2 and younger: Free (if seating is available)
- Fernbank Museum Members: $8
Martinis & IMAX®
Offered Fridays (Jan-Nov). Regular tickets include admission to one IMAX® film. Cover-charge tickets include general event admission only. Members do not pay a cover-charge.
- Cover Charge for Non-Members: $8
- Cover Charge for Members: Free
- Film Tickets for Non-Members: $13 (includes free cover charge)
- Film Tickets for Members: $8
Includes Museum admission and one IMAX® film.
- Adults: $26
- Students with ID and Seniors (ages 62+): $24
- Children ages 3 to 12: $22
- Children ages 2 and younger: Free (IMAX seating based on availability)
- Fernbank Museum Members: $8
IMAX® Double Feature
Save up to $5! Includes two IMAX® films. Valid for same day admission only.
- Adults: $21
- Students and seniors: $19
- Children 3-12: $17
- Children 2 and under: Free (if seating is available)
- Fernbank Museum Members: $13
Includes FREE Museum admission for a year, up to 40% off IMAX® tickets, savings in The Fernbank Café and Museum Store and more!
- Individual: $80
- Dual/Family: $120
- Family Advantage: $160
- IMAX® Advantage: $250
- Additional levels of membership are available
** Free seating is subject to availability but there is no charge for children two and under on the lap of an adult.
Please note that there will be a convenience charge of $1.75 per ticket on any museum or IMAX® ticket purchased online or over the telephone. Purchasing tickets in advance helps ensure availability for the date, time & activities that you prefer.
Fernbank Museum of Natural History
767 Clifton Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
General Information 404.929.6300
Ticket Reservations 404.929.6400
School Field Trips 404.929.6320
Group Opportunities 404.929.6306
Member Services 404.929.6340
Museum Store 404.929.6330
Facility Rental 404.929.6390
Make a Donation 404.929.6371
Volunteer Guilds 404.929.6360
Ask a Scientist 404.929.6300 x7005