Atlanta’s DeKalb County is home to state-of-the-art athletic facilities. Whatever your sporting needs, you’ll find accommodations with all of the amenities to make your event a success. Since the 1996 Olympics, DeKalb has been host to regional and national sporting events including NCAA competitions.
DeKalb County is located just six miles outside of downtown Atlanta and 10 miles from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. Most of the athletic venues are minutes away, as they are easily accessible by major highways.
Atlanta’s DeKalb County is close to the action but away from the congestion.
DeKalb County’s beautiful weather (including mild winters) is the ideal climate for enjoying the outdoors. Georgia is known for its golf courses, and DeKalb County is home to some of the best golf in the state.
The North American Soccer League’s Atlanta Silverbacks play their home games at the Atlanta Silverbacks Park from April to late September. Stone Summit boasts the nation’s largest climbing gym for beginners to world-class athletes, as well as a bouldering room, a yoga studio, spin classes and a fitness center.
The Sports DeKalb Facilities Guide is designed to highlight venues capable of hosting local, regional and international sporting events. This guide provides general information on each sports facility, including layouts for larger multi-purpose facilities. You will also find information on accommodations, area attractions and transportation.
Atlanta’s DeKalb County is close to the action but away from the congestion. Whether large or small you will find the facility and supporting amenities to conduct your event. When you choose DeKalb County for your next sporting event you will get the following services:
- Facility and housing services
- Marketing and promotion support
- Assistance planning outside activities
- Linkage to County agencies and services
For more information about our Sports DeKalb Marketing Program, contact Dan Bell at 770-492-5010.
Fax - 770-492-5033
DeKalb Convention & Visitors Bureau
1957 Lakeside Parkway
Tucker, GA 30084
What’s Happening in DeKalb County
- ‘A Tour of Southern Ghosts’ Haunts Stone Mountain Park for 29th Year September 16, 2014
- Top Five Hidden Food Treasures in Atlanta’s DeKalb September 16, 2014
- Stone Mountain Among 13 Georgia Cities Awarded for Outstanding Achievement September 2, 2014
- Big Portions and Bigger Flavor at Mable’s Barbecue & Smoked Meats August 28, 2014
- Callanwolde Fine Arts Center: Halloween Night on Callanwolde Mountain August 26, 2014
FREE Visitors Guide
Off the Eatin’ Path in DeKalb County
The Off The Eatin’ Path in DeKalb County blog highlights some of the unique dining gems that are found throughout the entire county.