The City of Brookhaven is DeKalb County’s 11th city, located in the Northeast section of DeKalb County. With an estimated population of over 50,000, it became DeKalb County’s largest city on December 17, 2012.
Brookhaven is known for its upscale shopping, arts festivals, fine dining and the prestigious Oglethrope University. Brookhaven was developed as Atlanta’s first country club neighborhood. Its boundaries generally are Peachtree Road on the east, Peachtree-Dunwoody on the west and south and Windsor Parkway on the north.
In the 1980′s, the Brookhaven area was placed on the National Register of Historic Places as the “first planned golf community in Georgia.”
- Brookhaven Arts Festival The Arts Festival with a Musical Heart!
- Minutes from Downtown Atlanta Brookhaven is just minutes from Downtown Atlanta attractions like the Georgia Aquarium, CNN Center, the Georgia Dome, Philips Arena and more!
- Georgia Shakespeare Festival Georgia Shakespeare creates thoughtful, bold and passionate interpretations of a diverse body of work rooted in Shakespeare and branching out to embrace the best writers and ideas of all eras.
- Olglethorpe University Brookhaven is home to Olglethorpe University, a member of the Annapolis Group, an organization of America’s most selective liberal arts institutions.
It first became known for its hospitality to travelers heading to Marthasville, which was renamed Atlanta.
Town/Brookhaven is a state-of-the-art mixed-use development, conveniently situated on Peachtree Road, north of Lenox Square Mall and Phipps Plaza and adjacent to historic Oglethorpe University.
Founded in 1835, Brookhaven’s Oglethorpe University enrolls over 1,000 students representing 34 states and 28 countries.The university is a member of the Annapolis Group, an organization of America’s most selective liberal arts institutions.
Oglethorpe University is consistently listed among the best colleges in the Princeton Review and Forbes and has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll since 2006.
The university is home to Georgia Shakespeare, a professional theater group that offers a casual atmosphere while presenting some of the finest plays and the Oglethorpe Museum of Art.
Each year, Brookhaven presents a series of major festivals including the Brookhaven Arts Festival, Brookhaven Chili Cook-off and the Brookhaven Beer Festival that attracts travelers from all over Georgia.
If you’re thinking of relocating your business to Brookhaven, be sure to contact the Brookhaven Chamber of Commerce at 888-270-0686, ext. 101 or online at BrookhavenCommerce.org.
Brookhaven has a number of hotels to fit any budget while you enjoy your stay in the Atlanta area. Come experience the difference in Brookhaven.
BOOK A ROOM IN BROOKHAVEN:
(Click on the hotel’s photo to go directly to the hotel’s website)
- Doubletree Hotel Atlanta North Druid Hills / Emory Area The Doubletree North Druid Hills/Emory Area Atlanta hotel in the fashionable North Central Atlanta – suburban Buckhead area is conveniently located just off I-85, minutes from Emory University (four miles) and Downtown Atlanta (six miles) in Georgia.
- Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center The Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center hotel is just 5 miles north of Buckhead and 10 miles from downtown Atlanta, Georgia. The Hilton Garden Inn hotel is adjacent to Hewlett Packard and a convenient MARTA train station is within 1 mile.
- Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead/Lenox Park Situated in a unique 22 acre park with a lake, walking and jogging paths, an expansive lawn & sculptural art garden within one mile of Phipps Plaza and Lenox Square shopping areas. 150 suites which include full kitchens.
- Holiday Inn Perimeter Impeccable service and superior accommodations are what you will enjoy at the full-service Holiday Inn® Hotel Atlanta - Perimeter. Situated off of I-285, just north of downtown Atlanta, the hotel is in the heart of the business, shopping, entertainment and medical districts.
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead Area Welcome to the Microtel Inn and Suites hotel in Atlanta, Georgia. Our quality hotel is located perfectly near Downtown and Midtown Atlanta and offers the Buckhead areas most competitive discount hotel rates.
- Hampton Inn Atlanta - North Druid Hills Conveniently located off I-85, the Hampton Inn Atlanta-North Druid Hills hotel welcomes you to Atlanta, Georgia. Our North Druid Hills hotel is only six miles from downtown Atlanta and 2 miles from Buckhead. Stay with us to enjoy easy highway access to Atlanta’s diverse attractions. Take an Inside CNN Studio Tour at CNN Center.
- Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Buckhead Tucked conveniently at the edge of the highrise, skyline area of the Buckhead business district, Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Buckhead offers guests easy access to a variety of both International and local business centers.
- Holiday Inn Express Atlanta NE - I-85 Clairmont Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, the Holiday Inn Express Atlanta-I85 offers a place where you can kick back, relax, and be yourself. We are located 8 miles north of the center of Downtown Atlanta with easy access to all downtown attractions.
- Extended Stay Deluxe - Atlanta - Lenox Welcome to Extended Stay Deluxe Atlanta - Lenox. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring fully-equipped kitchens and plenty of work space… amenities you won't find in a typical hotel room.
Brookhaven Festivals and Attractions:
The Brookhaven Chili Cookoff is a free family friendly festival in heart of Brookhaven featuring live music and both an amateur and professional chili tasting competition.
At the Brookhaven Beer Festival, your taste buds will experience one on the largest samplings of beers in Atlanta!
Georgia Shakespeare creates thoughtful, bold and passionate interpretations of a diverse body of work rooted in Shakespeare and branching out to embrace the best writers and ideas of all eras.
The Annual Brookhaven Arts Festival showcases local artists, shops and musicians. If you love arts, you’ll be right at home here!